The New Year always seems to bring us hope for a fresh start and new beginnings.
We have faced many challenges in the past year, and I don’t think many people would dispute that fact. Whether it has been in your personal life, church life, in the workplace, or in the broader sphere of things, we have so many choices and decisions to make.
As The New Year gets underway, let us all make an effort to start well, so that we are positioned for the best possible outcomes in 2018.
WHAT SHOULD WE DO?
There are a number of things we can do to make this year a great one, and it involves more than New Year resolutions, which are often quickly and easily broken. Here are some suggestions that should help you get started on the right footing.
- Determine this year to rely on wisdom from God, rather than relying on your own understanding.
- Let go of past grievances and forgive those who have hurt you.
- Spend some time thinking of all the good things you have to be thankful for, and thank God for them.
- There is so much evil going on in the world today that it is imperative for our emotional and spiritual well-being that we take time each day in the Presence of God, to experience His pure goodness and the comfort of His love, so that we can pass on His love, joy and peace to those around us, who are desperately in need of it.
- Try to limit the time you spend watching and listening to negative news reports, and movies or TV shows that go against Christian principles.
- Allow yourself time to think about the things you enjoy doing, and make sure you incorporate at least some of those things into your week.
I pray that you and those you love will enter the New Year with hope in your heart, joy in your soul and the peace that Jesus gives.